Sen. Hagan hosts formal meeting in 100th NC county
Kay Hagan (Credit: Hagan.senate.gov)
DUNN, N.C. (AP) — U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan is reaching her goal of holding formal meetings with constituents in all 100 North Carolina counties.
The office of the Democratic senator says he would attend another in her “Conversations with Kay” series Tuesday in Harnett County. The event at the Dunn Community Center marks the 100th county where Hagan has held meetings. She held similar events Monday in Vance and Warren counties.
The meetings are designed for the first-term senator from Greensboro to talk directly with citizens and to help them navigate challenges with federal agencies like the Social Security Administration and the Internal Revenue Service. Hagan’s staff is on hand to assist.
Hagan began the “conversations” series in August 2009.
She’s up for re-election in 2014.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave