Man who accused Elmo puppeteer of teen sex recants
This Jan. 24, 2011 photo shows "Sesame Street" muppet Elmo and puppeteer Kevin Clash poses for a portrait in the Fender Music Lodge during the 2011 Sundance Film Festival to promote the film "Being Elmo" in Park City, Utah. (AP Photo/Victoria Will, file)
NEW YORK — The man who accused Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash of having sex with him when he was a teen now says it isn’t so.
The man is now saying his sexual relationship with Clash was adult and consensual.
In response to the statement Tuesday afternoon, Clash issued a statement of his own, saying he is “relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest.”
The man, who has not identified himself, released his statement through the Harrisburg, Pa., law firm of Andreozzi & Associates.
On Monday, Sesame Workshop said Clash had taken a leave of absence from “Sesame Street” after allegations came to light that he had had a relationship with a 16-year-old. Clash denied the charges from the man, who is now in his early 20s.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview