Lockdown lifted at three Guilford Co. schools
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A lockdown has been lifted at three Guilford County schools after a car break-in happened near Drake Road on Tuesday afternoon.
Southern Guilford High, Southern Guilford Middle and Southern Elementary School were all placed on lockdown shortly after 2 p.m. after a car break-in was reported near 5720 Drake Road.
Officials said a gun was stolen from inside the vehicle.
As of 2:45 p.m., the lockdown had been lifted at all three schools.
The elementary school is releasing students as of 2:45 p.m. and middle school students will be released at their normal time.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants