Lockdown lifted at three Guilford Co. schools
GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — A lockdown has been lifted at three Guilford County schools after a car break-in happened near Drake Road on Tuesday afternoon.
Southern Guilford High, Southern Guilford Middle and Southern Elementary School were all placed on lockdown shortly after 2 p.m. after a car break-in was reported near 5720 Drake Road.
Officials said a gun was stolen from inside the vehicle.
As of 2:45 p.m., the lockdown had been lifted at all three schools.
The elementary school is releasing students as of 2:45 p.m. and middle school students will be released at their normal time.
No other information was provided.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting