Kid’s Facebook plea for pet cat gets more than 110,000 likes
NEWTON, Mass. — A Massachusetts father of two — perhaps not realizing the power of cute photographs on the Internet — had to pay up after promising his kids a pet cat if their photo was “liked” enough on Facebook.
ABC reports Dan Urbano’s 7-year-old son Remi would not stop asking for a cat, so Urbano made a deal with his son. The father promised Remi that if a photo of him and his 1-year-old sister, Evelyn, could reach 1,000 likes on Facebook, then he would pay for a pet cat.
Marisa Urbano posted the photo on Facebook, saying, “Dan thinks there is NO way we can do this. I say there is. Help us out. We really want a cat named Hairy Pawturrr. If you can’t like, shares. Shares count too! Thanks so much everyone!!”
The photo featured Remi and his sister holding a sign that read, “Hey Facebook! My sister and I really want a CAT! Our Papa promises we can get one if we can get 1,000 likes. Please like this picture. Thank you!”
As of noon Tuesday, the post had been liked by more than 113,000 people.
ABC reports the Urbanos adopted “Hairietta L. Pawturr” (L. being for “liked”) over the weekend from the Gifford Cat Shelter in Brighton.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old