Greensboro students build electric cars
GREENSBORO, N.C. — The Advanced Vehicle Technology students at Greensboro Dudley High School are constantly trying to build a better electric car.
The students come together after school and even on holidays to adjust the electric motors so they can travel farther.
The students take their cars to eco-challenges where they compete against other high schools and colleges.
While the competition is fun, Advanced Vehicle Technology instructor Ricky Lewis says the students are learning more about a possible career.
“The different universities like Penn State and Southern Cal, they were impressed so they saw themselves as a part of the big picture and they can be a part of green technologies too,” Lewis said.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview