2 boys to face judge in kitten-stoning deaths
LAS VEGAS — Two 11-year-old boys are due to face a judge in Las Vegas on juvenile criminal allegations that they threw stones that killed six newborn kittens.
A court official says the boys are due before Family Court Judge William Voy. They face seven counts each of animal cruelty that could get them up to 30 days of detention.
The names of the boys haven’t been made public because of their ages. They were placed under house arrest following an earlier court appearance.
Police say neighbors heard breaking glass Oct. 9 at an apartment complex, and witnesses reported seeing the two boys throwing rocks before running away. Authorities say the rocks killed six kittens as their mother gave birth.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home