NC mother charged with murdering 4-year-old daughter
Jaime Gardner Morris, 36, and 4-year-old Bella (WTVD)
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A Fayetteville mother accused of killing her 4-year-old daughter has been charged with first-degree murder.
WTVD reported that Jaime Gardner Morris, 36, allegedly murdered her daughter Bella on Nov. 5. She was also charged with intentional child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.
Morris is being held without bond in the Cumberland County Detention Center and has first court appearance planned for Tuesday.
Officials said an autopsy by the State Medical Examiner determined that Bella died of asphyxiation.
Read more: WTVD.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child