Durham toddler found safe after Amber Alert
Kameron Jakise Hembry (WSOC)
DURHAM, N.C. — A 2-year-old boy in Durham reported missing after officials said vanished Monday afternoon has been found and is safe.
WRAL reported that Kameron Jakise Hembry went missing in the 2500 block of South Roxboro Street around 2:15 p.m.
Authorities said the child was found after a nearly seven hour search. The Amber Alert has since expired.
The child’s mother said she was talking to somebody for a few minutes and then couldn’t find him.
Officials said Kameron didn’t live in the area and might have been confused by his surroundings.
Read more: WRAL.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault