Energizer to eliminate 40 jobs in Asheboro
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Energizer confirmed 40 salaried positions in Asheboro will be eliminated over the next 12 months as part of the company’s long-awaited restructuring plan.
Production will continue at both Plant I on Albemarle Road and Plant II on Art Bryan Drive.
“We will consolidate the Central Ave. operations into the Albermarle Road facility. Operations will be streamlined, resulting in the elimination of approximately 40 salaried positions during the next three to 12 months,” the company said in a statement.
“The company will continue to review staffing requirements in the hourly job group and may need to adjust staffing levels dependent on the rate of natural attrition and business conditions.”
Energizer currently employs more than 675 colleagues at the two locations in Asheboro.
These tough decisions are necessary to keep Energizer competitive and healthy. The company will treat all of those colleagues who are impacted fairly and respectfully throughout the process. Each of them will receive a severance package at the time they leave the company. We are glad both plants will continue to be part of this great community.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child