Energizer to eliminate 40 jobs in Asheboro
ASHEBORO, N.C. — Energizer confirmed 40 salaried positions in Asheboro will be eliminated over the next 12 months as part of the company’s long-awaited restructuring plan.
Production will continue at both Plant I on Albemarle Road and Plant II on Art Bryan Drive.
“We will consolidate the Central Ave. operations into the Albermarle Road facility. Operations will be streamlined, resulting in the elimination of approximately 40 salaried positions during the next three to 12 months,” the company said in a statement.
“The company will continue to review staffing requirements in the hourly job group and may need to adjust staffing levels dependent on the rate of natural attrition and business conditions.”
Energizer currently employs more than 675 colleagues at the two locations in Asheboro.
These tough decisions are necessary to keep Energizer competitive and healthy. The company will treat all of those colleagues who are impacted fairly and respectfully throughout the process. Each of them will receive a severance package at the time they leave the company. We are glad both plants will continue to be part of this great community.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.