Bronx man accused of drowning son and poisoning daughter’s pizza
NEW YORK — Police say a Bronx man has been arrested in the death of his 5-year-old son and for poisoning his daughter.
The NYPD says Leonardo Espinal, 47, is being held on a murder charge after the boy’s death.
Authorities said Espinal told them that he fed his 7-year-old daughter a poisoned slice of pizza and then drowned his 5-year-old son while the children visited his Bronx home.
Police say Stewart Espinal was found in the bathtub Wednesday. His mother called 911.
An autopsy is being conducted.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview