Bronx man accused of drowning son and poisoning daughter’s pizza
NEW YORK — Police say a Bronx man has been arrested in the death of his 5-year-old son and for poisoning his daughter.
The NYPD says Leonardo Espinal, 47, is being held on a murder charge after the boy’s death.
Authorities said Espinal told them that he fed his 7-year-old daughter a poisoned slice of pizza and then drowned his 5-year-old son while the children visited his Bronx home.
Police say Stewart Espinal was found in the bathtub Wednesday. His mother called 911.
An autopsy is being conducted.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault