Woman dies in fire in Northampton County
GASTON, N.C. — A woman has died when fired burned her mobile home in Northampton County.
The Daily Herald of Roanoke Rapids reported the fire was reported shortly before 5 a.m. Wednesday in Gaston.
Fire Chief Ed Porter Jr. says the home was engulfed with flames when firefighters arrived.
Porter says two people were in the home. Sixty-year-old Dorothy Banks was unable to get outside and died.
A man in the home was flown to the burn unit in Chapel Hill. There was no word on his condition.
Porter says the fire started in the living room. He says the sheriff’s office is investigating but the blaze does not appear to be suspicious.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.