Ukrainian boy steals $4K of parents’ savings, spends it on candy
KONOTOP, Ukraine — Want the latest reason not to hide your savings in the couch? Then you might want to tune in to the news coming out of Ukraine today.
The United Press International reported a 9-year-old Ukrainian boy found $4,000 worth of his parents’ savings stashed beneath a cushion, and then proceeded to spend it all on candy over the course of several days.
The savings contained an array of currencies, according to the report, with $3,300 in U.S. cash and 600 in euros, which amounts to about $635. The boy apparently enlisted the help of an unspecified adult, who received a tip for his services, to convert that money to Ukrainian hryvnia.
Luckily, the story has a silver lining. The boy admitted to taking the money and was generous with his bounty, sharing the candy with friends.
By Will C. Holden, KDVR.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k