Ohio woman sentenced to cook Thanksgiving dinner for police
CANTON, Ohio — A judge in Ohio sentenced a careless driver to fix Thanksgiving dinner for three police officers on leave or unable to work.
The sentence was handed down Monday in Canton to 46-year-old Valerie Rodgers of Tuscarawas Township.
She also was placed on probation for one year for knocking over a police officer while he was directing traffic during the Canton Marathon.
The (Canton) Respository reports the driver pleaded guilty last month to felony assault and three misdemeanors.
Her attorney says she was confused by the traffic situation and panicked.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.