Ohio woman sentenced to cook Thanksgiving dinner for police
CANTON, Ohio — A judge in Ohio sentenced a careless driver to fix Thanksgiving dinner for three police officers on leave or unable to work.
The sentence was handed down Monday in Canton to 46-year-old Valerie Rodgers of Tuscarawas Township.
She also was placed on probation for one year for knocking over a police officer while he was directing traffic during the Canton Marathon.
The (Canton) Respository reports the driver pleaded guilty last month to felony assault and three misdemeanors.
Her attorney says she was confused by the traffic situation and panicked.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault