NC man found guilty in beheading plot
28-year-old Hysen Sherifi
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina man serving a 45-year sentence for a terror plot to attack a U.S. Marine base and overseas targets has been found guilty in a murder-for-hire plot to behead witnesses who testified against him.
U.S. Attorney Thomas Walker said 28-year-old Hysen Sherifi was found guilty Thursday of nine counts related to the murder-for-hire plot, Sherifi will be sentenced in February, when he faces a maximum sentence of life behind bars.
Sherifi’s brother and a friend also were charged in the murder-for-hire case and testified against Sherifi after entering into plea agreements with prosecutors.
Sherifi has said that he was arrested because of his Muslim faith. He was sentenced in January to 45 years in prison for plots to attack the Marine base at Quantico, Va., and overseas targets.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k