Brother arrested in shooting death of Reidsville man
Alex Wade Bailey (Mugshot courtesy, Rockingham County Sheriff)
REIDSVILLE, N.C. — Rockingham County sheriff’s deputies arrested a man Thursday morning after they say he fatally shot his younger brother.
Sheriff’s office spokesman Kevin Suthard said Carolyn Williams, 65, of 121 Bear Branch Trail, called authorities around 12:30 a.m. to report that her vehicle was missing.
While speaking with Williams, Suthard says a deputy saw her black 2002 Kia Sportage drive by. The deputy stopped the vehicle a brief distance up the road, Suthard said.
Williams’ grandson, Alex Wade Bailey, 22, was driving the car, Suthard said.
While the deputy was speaking with Bailey, Suthard says Williams went inside her house and found Casey A.M. Mansfield, 20, shot to death in his bedroom.
Investigators believe Bailey shot Mansfield before driving to Greensboro in his grandmother’s car. The suspect drove back to the home after picking up his girlfriend, Suthard said.
Suthard says the victim is the suspect’s half-brother.
Deputies are investigating the case as a homicide.
No other details were provided.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'