$41K missing from Brinks truck that overturned in Davidson Co.
LEXINGTON, N.C. — According to an incident report, not all of the money that spilled onto U.S. Highway 52 in Davidson County on Monday when a Brinks truck overturned has been recovered.
On Tuesday, Brinks filed a report with the sheriff’s office that claims $41,000 is missing from the two-vehicle accident involving one of the company’s trucks. The accident was reported Monday night.
Sheriff David Grice confirmed the sheriff’s office is conducting an investigation into the matter.
The N.C. Highway Patrol, the agency that investigated the accident, reported Tuesday morning that all of the money had been recovered.
A spokesman with Brinks told the Lexington Dispatch they cannot comment at this time.
According to the report, Brinks officials discovered the missing money during an audit.
Grice encourages anyone with information concerning the larceny of the money to call Lexington Area Crimestoppers at 243-2400.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home