Newborn twins get election-inspired names
(WJY) — Twin boys born halfway across the globe were named after the newly elected leader of the U.S. and the runner up, according to the Huffington Post.
Brothers Barack Obama and Mitt Romney were born Tuesday in Kenya. Millicent Owuor, the twins’ 20-year-old mom, is from a town near the village of Kogelo where President Obama’s father was born.
The hospital says several babies born on Tuesday were named after the president, but none were named after Mitt Romney as well.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview