Newborn twins get election-inspired names
(WJY) — Twin boys born halfway across the globe were named after the newly elected leader of the U.S. and the runner up, according to the Huffington Post.
Brothers Barack Obama and Mitt Romney were born Tuesday in Kenya. Millicent Owuor, the twins’ 20-year-old mom, is from a town near the village of Kogelo where President Obama’s father was born.
The hospital says several babies born on Tuesday were named after the president, but none were named after Mitt Romney as well.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK