Deputies find child porn on Asheboro man’s computer
Kenneth Jarreth Smith, II (Randolph County Sheriff's Office)
ASHEBORO, N.C. – On Monday deputies arrested a man accused of being in possession of child pornography.
According to deputies, Kenneth Jarreth Smith II, 51, of 1148 Heathwood Dr., has been charged with three counts of second degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Deputies say Smith’s wife turned the couples computer over to authorities who found pornographic images of children as young as 9-years-old.
After his arrest, deputies served a search warrant on Smith’s home where they seized electronics, marijuana and a brown case containing a glass pipe.
Smith is being held at the Randolph County Jail under a $250,000 secured bond.
Officials say an investigation is ongoing and additional charges are pending.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault