Deputies find child porn on Asheboro man’s computer
Kenneth Jarreth Smith, II (Randolph County Sheriff's Office)
ASHEBORO, N.C. – On Monday deputies arrested a man accused of being in possession of child pornography.
According to deputies, Kenneth Jarreth Smith II, 51, of 1148 Heathwood Dr., has been charged with three counts of second degree sexual exploitation of a minor.
Deputies say Smith’s wife turned the couples computer over to authorities who found pornographic images of children as young as 9-years-old.
After his arrest, deputies served a search warrant on Smith’s home where they seized electronics, marijuana and a brown case containing a glass pipe.
Smith is being held at the Randolph County Jail under a $250,000 secured bond.
Officials say an investigation is ongoing and additional charges are pending.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview