Christmas decorations are up, retailers offering early deals
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The holiday shopping season is here. Retailers and towns like Kernersville have already decorated for Christmas.
“It just takes away from Thanksgiving,” said Kernersville resident Collen Stull who doesn’t start decking the halls of her home until after Thanksgiving.
Barbara Undesth with Remember When antique store in downtown Kernersville who keeps Thanksgiving decorations up as long as she can.
“It’s the forgotten holiday and it really is an important holiday,” said Undesth, who has already had customers shopping for Christmas.
Retailers started selling Christmas items at the beginning of October.
The National Retailers Federation says the early start is due to an estimated 40 percent of consumers starting their holiday shopping before Halloween.
In addition to beating the crowds, starting early on your holiday shopping can pay off.
Retailers like Michael’s Arts and Crafts are offering artificial Christmas trees at half off this week.
When it comes to the wish list items like the i-Pad mini are already selling fast.
Employees with Target on University Parkway in Winston-Salem say the Furby, that can interact with kids via an app on their i-Phone and i-Pad, is in high demand for kids this season.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview