Police: Man arrested in deadly shooting over Greensboro car wreck
Textile Drive and Willard Street in Greensboro (Google Maps)
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Police say a man has been arrested in connection with a deadly Greensboro shooting that took place during an argument over a car wreck.
According to police, Antonio Emmanuel Watkins, 22, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of Reginald Demarcus Wrenn, 24.
Police say Wrenn died at Moses Cone Hospital after responding officers found him shot around 2:30 a.m. Sunday on Textile Drive near Willard Street.
Wrenn was shot “following an altercation about a minor traffic accident,” police said.
Police said Watkins was taken into custody without incident at his home at 1005 North English St.
The suspect is being held without bond in the Greensboro Jail. His mugshot was not available.
It was not clear if any other suspects are sought in connection with the incident.
No other information was provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault