Illinois woman in labor stops to vote on way to hospital
CHICAGO — A mom-to-be from Chicago didn’t let the fact she was in labor stop her from voting on Election Day.
Galicia Malone stopped at Precinct 88 in Chicago despite her contractions only being five minutes apart. Malone decided she needed to vote before heading to the hospital.
Malone, 21, was determined to vote in her first-ever presidential election.
Malone voted around 8:30 a.m. and then left for the hospital to deliver her baby.
Read more from ABC News.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child