Goldman tries to reset NC auditor’s campaign
RALEIGH, N.C. — The embattled Republican candidate for North Carolina state auditor told reporters she’s better qualified than the Democratic incumbent and attempted to put aside allegations related to her position on the Wake County school board.
Debra Goldman spoke to reporters on the campaign’s final full day Monday to seek to reset her bid to defeat State Auditor Beth Wood after a couple of weeks of negative press related to the board.
Goldman offered a recording and documents designed to defend her handling of a police report of a burglary at her house. She’s also denied an affair with another school board member who alleged they had a tryst.
Goldman accused Wood of campaign improprieties. Wood said Monday that Goldman is attacking her because Goldman lacks the qualifications to be auditor.
Source: The Associated Press
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy