Tow truck driver killed in Wilmington hit-and-run
WILMINGTON, N.C. (AP) — A Wilmington man is in jail on $1 million bond charged in the hit-and-run death of a tow truck driver.
Authorities say 50-year-old Anthony Thompson is charged with second-degree murder, driving while impaired and five other charges.
The charges stem from the Sunday evening death of 55-year-old John Colville Wilmington.
Colville was helping a motorist when he was struck about 6 p.m. Authorities say the driver of the truck that hit him did not stop.
They say Thompson was arrested in a parking lot about nine miles from the accident scene. It could not immediately be determined if Thompson had an attorney.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old