Ohio woman to wear ‘idiot’ sign for passing school bus on sidewalk
Shena Hardin, 32, of Cleveland (Photo courtesy, WJW)
CLEVELAND (WJW) — In addition to a license suspension and fine, an Ohio woman who was recorded passing a school bus by driving on a sidewalk will have to make an unflattering declaration to the world. Or at least to Cleveland.
Shena Hardin, 32, of Cleveland, plead out on Monday in order to avoid facing a trial.
Back in September, she plead not guilty to charges of not stopping for a school bus and reckless operation.
A bus driver had noticed Hardin’s pattern along East 38th Street, so he notified Cleveland Schools and had his cell phone camera rolling during one of the incidents.
The portion of sidewalk she used to avoid the bus was also the entrance to a day care.
Police set up a sting to catch her on her makeshift detour, citing her on Sept. 11.
As part of her sentence from Cleveland Municipal Court, Hardin must wear a sign that says, “Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid the school bus.”
While wearing it, she’ll stand near the location of the crime for an hour per day, next Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
Hardin’s license was suspended for 30 days. She must also pay a $250 fine.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy