Michelle Obama in Charlotte for final day of campaign
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina gets a visit from First Lady Michelle Obama on her last day on the campaign trail.
Mrs. Obama is scheduled to visit Charlotte with singer Mariah Carey and NBA Players Association president Derek Fisher to stir up supporters.
It’s Michelle Obama’s first visit to Charlotte since the Democratic National Convention was held in North Carolina’s largest city in early September.
President Barack Obama hasn’t returned to the state since the convention and a visit isn’t part of his final campaign schedule.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave