Michelle Obama in Charlotte for final day of campaign
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina gets a visit from First Lady Michelle Obama on her last day on the campaign trail.
Mrs. Obama is scheduled to visit Charlotte with singer Mariah Carey and NBA Players Association president Derek Fisher to stir up supporters.
It’s Michelle Obama’s first visit to Charlotte since the Democratic National Convention was held in North Carolina’s largest city in early September.
President Barack Obama hasn’t returned to the state since the convention and a visit isn’t part of his final campaign schedule.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.