Man accused of sexually assaulting child at Mount Airy flea market
William Keith Roberts (Mugshot courtesy, Mount Airy Police)
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — A man was arrested this weekend on accusations that he sexually assaulted a child at a flea market in Mount Airy.
According to police, William Keith Roberts, 57, of Pilot Mountain, was arrested on Saturday after officers responded to reports of a sexual assault at Bonnie Lou’s Flea Market.
As the result of an investigation, police said Roberts was charged with first-degree sex offense on a child. He was placed in the Surry County Jail under a $50,000 secured bond.
Lt. Barker with the Mount Airy Police Department says the victim in the alleged assault, who is under the age of 13, was an acquaintance of the suspect.
An court date has been slated for Dec. 3.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave