Burlington police look for suspect, SUV in attempted robbery
2123 South Church St. (Google Maps)
BURLINGTON, N.C. — Police are searching for a suspect and suspect vehicle in the attempted robbery of a Burlington convenience store.
The incident was reported shortly after 11:15 p.m. Sunday at the Shell station at 2123 South Church St.
The clerk told police the suspect entered the store and purchased a beer. While at the counter, the suspect handed the clerk a note demanding “all the money from the register,” police said. The clerk then reportedly walked from behind the counter toward the exit, after which the suspect followed and left the store without any stolen property.
Police said the suspect left in a white-over-gray, late-90s or early-2000 model Jeep Cherokee that was waiting in the parking lot. The vehicle was last seen heading east on Church Street.
The suspect is described as a white male in his early- to mid-20s standing between 5’8″ and 6′ tall with a thin build. He was wearing a gray, blue and green hooded jacket and jeans at the time.
The clerk reported two other people were inside the waiting SUV, but they were not described.
Anyone with further information is asked to call police at (336) 229-3500.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK