Hanging Obama doll angers North Carolina, Hampton Roads residents
RALEIGH, N.C. — A photo depicting a life-size doll that resembles President Obama hanging from a noose is outraging people in North Carolina and parts of Hampton Roads.
The photo has been circulating online and has several people concerned.
A Shell company spokesperson says the photo was taken at or near a Shell-branded site in Raleigh, according to WTLV.
Below is the response from Shell after being contacted:
“This is the action of one individual who is not affiliated with Shell or any of our wholesalers or dealers. Shell does not condone actions or displays of this nature nor has any Shell station or wholesaler authorized, condoned, or supported this display at their Shell branded location.”
Shell says it has notified law enforcement about the photo.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave