Hanging Obama doll angers North Carolina, Hampton Roads residents
RALEIGH, N.C. — A photo depicting a life-size doll that resembles President Obama hanging from a noose is outraging people in North Carolina and parts of Hampton Roads.
The photo has been circulating online and has several people concerned.
A Shell company spokesperson says the photo was taken at or near a Shell-branded site in Raleigh, according to WTLV.
Below is the response from Shell after being contacted:
“This is the action of one individual who is not affiliated with Shell or any of our wholesalers or dealers. Shell does not condone actions or displays of this nature nor has any Shell station or wholesaler authorized, condoned, or supported this display at their Shell branded location.”
Shell says it has notified law enforcement about the photo.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train