NC man charged with killing 20-month-old girl
Christopher Michael Edwards, 27, of Marion.
ASHEVILLE, N.C. — A 27-year-old North Carolina man is accused of killing his girlfriend’s child.
Authorities say Christopher Michael Edwards of Marion is charged with murder in the death of 20-month-old Lily Anne Kerr.
It was the second time in two days he was charged with the crime.
Edwards was initially charged with felony child abuse after the toddler was taken to Mission Hospital on Wednesday with traumatic brain injury. Detectives upgraded the charge to murder Thursday morning after hospital staff mistakenly reported the girl had died. After she took a spontaneous breath, the charge was dropped.
The toddler was pronounced dead Friday, and Edwards was again charged with murder.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave