Patients line up early for Asheboro dental clinic
ASHEBORO, N.C. — An Asheboro dental clinic is offering free care to people in need of cleanings, fillings and extractions.
The Dentistry from the Heart clinic runs from 8 to 5 p.m. Friday. It’s located at 350 North Cox St. inside Dr. Gary Cameron’s Asheboro Dental Care office.
The annual event serves 150 patients, 18 years or older, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
The first man to line up came at 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Some slept in front of the dental clinic. Others spent the night in their cars waiting for Friday’s clinic.
Those patients tell Nicole Ferguson unemployment and no insurance made them come out extra early to ensure care.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave