Winston-Salem design challenge benefiting Habitat for Humanity
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A design challenge event modeled after some of HGTV’s popular shows is benefiting Habitat for Humanity this weekend in Forsyth County.
“Restore Spaces” challenges eight design teams to take three white walls and transform the room space into a design heaven. The teams are composed of local designers, Habitat homeowners and sponsors, including the Winston-Salem Regional Association of Realtors and Liberty Hardware.
All design materials come from Habitat’s Restore off Witt Street in Winston-Salem. The creations include bedrooms, “man caves,” and walk-in closets.
You can vote for your favorite design at restorespaces.com until 5 p.m. Thursday. It costs $10 to vote.
Those who are interested are invited to attend Friday night’s reveal party and judging in Winston-Salem. The party is from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at 341 Witt St. Tickets are $25. Items used to design the rooms will be available for purchase.
All proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County.
In the above and below videos, Nicole Ferguson provides a sneak peek at the designs.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview