Rescuers search for NYC boys ripped from mother by flood
NEW YORK (AP) — Rescuers in New York City are searching for two young boys who were swept from their mother’s arms by floodwaters.
Police say the boys are a 2-year-old and a 4-year-old. They disappeared Monday night when waves of water crashed into an SUV while they were being driven by their mother in the city’s Staten Island borough.
The Daily News says their mother tried to hold onto them, but the surging water ripped them away. The mother spent a harrowing night trying to get help.
Police say the search for the boys is continuing Thursday.
This article was provided by The Associated Press. (Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave