New York flights from PTI starting back
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Travelers are finally getting back home to the Carolina’s after days of delayed, diverted and cancelled flights due to Hurricane Sandy.
According to FlightStats the storm resulted in the cancellation of more than 19,000 flights.
“I had to call my boss and let them know that I am stranded due to Hurricane Sandy,” said Cynthia Norman of Raleigh.
Norman and her cousin Harry Capers of Charleston, were stranded in California for four days due to cancelled flights.
“You know it just cost us a whole four days extra at a hotel at $150 a night … and it just became one thing after another,” said Norman.
Most of the major airlines are waiving their re-booking fees and American Airlines is giving full refunds to those flights affected by the storm.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k