Sugar Mountain announces earliest opening ever
SUGAR MOUNTAIN, N.C. — Sugar Mountain is opening Wednesday for skiers and snowboarders, marking the the resort’s earliest opening ever.
The resort announced the decision to open on Halloween in an update on its website Tuesday, indicating at least 9 inches of snow had fallen in addition to the snow made by the resort itself.
Previously, the earliest opening at the resort was Nov. 5 in 1976.
Officials said snow-making began Sunday and skiers can expect a “natural and man-made powder surface covering the Upper and Lower Flying Mile slopes.”
For more information about visiting the resort, go to SkiSugar.com.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK