Sugar Mountain announces earliest opening ever
SUGAR MOUNTAIN, N.C. — Sugar Mountain is opening Wednesday for skiers and snowboarders, marking the the resort’s earliest opening ever.
The resort announced the decision to open on Halloween in an update on its website Tuesday, indicating at least 9 inches of snow had fallen in addition to the snow made by the resort itself.
Previously, the earliest opening at the resort was Nov. 5 in 1976.
Officials said snow-making began Sunday and skiers can expect a “natural and man-made powder surface covering the Upper and Lower Flying Mile slopes.”
For more information about visiting the resort, go to SkiSugar.com.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'