Greensboro firefighters in Md. for Sandy recovery efforts
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro firefighters are among the Piedmont Triad’s emergency response to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
Six members of the department’s Swift Water Rescue team deployed to Cristfield, Md. on Monday evening The team joins two others from Raleigh and Charlotte.
The rescuers worked a day straight checking on flooded homes, businesses and performing a medical rescue effort before resting in Salisbury, where they’re awaiting word on the next assignment or the go-ahead to return home.
Greensboro Fire Chief Steve Zimmerman on Wednesday morning spoke about the mission with FOX8′s Nicole Ferguson.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault