Greensboro firefighters in Md. for Sandy recovery efforts
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Greensboro firefighters are among the Piedmont Triad’s emergency response to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
Six members of the department’s Swift Water Rescue team deployed to Cristfield, Md. on Monday evening The team joins two others from Raleigh and Charlotte.
The rescuers worked a day straight checking on flooded homes, businesses and performing a medical rescue effort before resting in Salisbury, where they’re awaiting word on the next assignment or the go-ahead to return home.
Greensboro Fire Chief Steve Zimmerman on Wednesday morning spoke about the mission with FOX8′s Nicole Ferguson.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview