McCrory besting Dalton in NC governor fundraising
Democrat Walter Dalton and Republican Pat McCrory (left to right)
RALEIGH, N.C. — High-profile North Carolina Republicans running for political office next week are holding a marked financial advantage over their Democratic rivals, led by gubernatorial candidate Pat McCrory.
McCrory’s campaign said Tuesday it had raised $5 million during the past 3½ months, which is more than the nearly $3.7 million Democratic nominee Walter Dalton’s campaign has raised in the past 3½ years. Campaign finance reports showed Dalton’s committee raised more than $1.8 million. Monday was a filing deadline.
House Speaker Thom Tillis and Senate leader Phil Berger each have given more than $1 million to the Republican Party to help win legislative races. Democratic legislative leaders are well behind.
An outside group supporting Supreme Court Justice Paul Newby for re-election now reports it has spent $1.6 million on television ads.
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview