Man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer indicted for first degree murder
Scott Sica (Yadkin County Jail)
JONESVILLE, N.C. – According to authorities, the man accused of killing a Jonesville police officer was indicted by a Grand Jury for first degree murder on Monday.
Scott Vincent Sica, 36, was taken into custody by Yadkin County deputies on Oct. 12. He was served with an arrest warrant, processed and then made his first court appearance that same day.
On Oct. 10, Sica signed a waiver of extradition, permitting him to be placed in the custody of Yadkin County deputies.
The indictment handed down on Monday was the only indictment for Sica.
His next court date is scheduled for January 28.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home