PHOTO: Avalon Pier in Kill Devil Hills ‘cut in half’
KILL DEVIL HILLS, N.C. — Justin Grizzard posted this photo of the Avalon Pier in Kill Devil Hills as it was being torn apart Monday morning by Hurricane Sandy.
The NC DOT also posted this photo of the NC 12 temporary bridge at Hatteras.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child