Two soldiers from Fort Bragg killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Military officials say two soldiers based at Fort Bragg have been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Saturday that 31-year-old Staff Sgt. Kashif M. Memon of Houston, Texas, and 22-year-old Sgt. Clinton K. Ruiz of Murrieta, Calif., died of wounds suffered Oct. 25 when their unit was attacked by small arms fire in Khas Uruzgan, Oruzgan Province.
Memon was assigned to the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne), 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne).
Ruiz was assigned to the 9th Military Information Support Battalion (Airborne), 8th Military Information Support Group (Airorne).
Credit: The Associated Press.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview