Two soldiers from Fort Bragg killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — Military officials say two soldiers based at Fort Bragg have been killed in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Saturday that 31-year-old Staff Sgt. Kashif M. Memon of Houston, Texas, and 22-year-old Sgt. Clinton K. Ruiz of Murrieta, Calif., died of wounds suffered Oct. 25 when their unit was attacked by small arms fire in Khas Uruzgan, Oruzgan Province.
Memon was assigned to the 96th Civil Affairs Battalion (Airborne), 95th Civil Affairs Brigade (Airborne).
Ruiz was assigned to the 9th Military Information Support Battalion (Airborne), 8th Military Information Support Group (Airorne).
Credit: The Associated Press.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault