Police: NC mother and son arrested for bank robbery
Carlos Lamonte Simpson, 21, and Pamela Teresa Simpson, 48. (Right to left) (Credit: Mecklenburg County Jail)
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police said they have arrested a mother and son accused of robbing a bank together Friday night in Charlotte.
The Charlotte Observer reported that Carlos Lamonte Simpson, 21, and Pamela Teresa Simpson, 48, allegedly robbed the First Citizens Bank in the 6700 block of N. Tryon Street about 6 p.m.
Police said they arrested the suspects after finding them at a bus stop near the bank with dye on their clothing, from an exploded dye pack.
Officials said the suspects were charged with common law robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery.
Read more: The Charlotte Observer.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting