Voter scam surfacing in NC
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Election Officials warn of ‘scammers’ who are now targeting voters to get their personal information.
The vote-by-phone scam has already been reported in Florida, Virginia and this week in North Carolina.
The scam tries to get people to vote over the phone and ask for personal information.
“You cannot vote by phone, I don’t care what anybody says it’s not a valid vote,” said George Gilbert, director of the Guilford County Board of Elections. “You can vote at any of the early voting sites, vote by mail or you can vote on Election Day.”
State election officials say if you get a call from someone offering you to vote-by-phone do not give out any personal information and report it to your local board of elections.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'