GTCC classes canceled until noon due to earlier power outage
Students leaving GTCC after a power outage forced the school to cancel classes through noon.
JAMESTOWN, N.C. — Over 2,300 people were without power near High Point Road in Jamestown after an accident on Wednesday.
GTCC in Jamestown reported a campus-wide power around 8:27 a.m. Wednesday. The outage lasted 40 minutes, forcing the school to cancel classes until noon.
A Guilford County Schools spokeswoman said classes for Middle College students are not affected.
Duke Energy officials said an accident at Penny Road and East Fork Road caused the outage.
While power is back on at GTCC, Duke Energy is still reporting 500 outages in the area.
There is no word when power will be restored.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK