GTCC classes canceled until noon due to earlier power outage
Students leaving GTCC after a power outage forced the school to cancel classes through noon.
JAMESTOWN, N.C. — Over 2,300 people were without power near High Point Road in Jamestown after an accident on Wednesday.
GTCC in Jamestown reported a campus-wide power around 8:27 a.m. Wednesday. The outage lasted 40 minutes, forcing the school to cancel classes until noon.
A Guilford County Schools spokeswoman said classes for Middle College students are not affected.
Duke Energy officials said an accident at Penny Road and East Fork Road caused the outage.
While power is back on at GTCC, Duke Energy is still reporting 500 outages in the area.
There is no word when power will be restored.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants