NC A&T Homecoming boosts Greensboro businesses
GREENSBORO, NC — Greensboro business owners are expecting big crowds this weekend as they prepare for North Carolina A&T State University Homecoming.
Some Greensboro businesses say they see can expect a 20 to 30 percent increase in revenue and sales during homecoming weekend every year.
Restaurants, hotels even barber shops are extending their hours of operation and ordering extra inventory to cover the large crowds expected.
Dame Moore of Dame’s Chicken and Waffles just expanded his business to Greensboro the last week of August. Moore says living in Greensboro a few years ago, he knew the value homecoming weekend could have on his restaurant.
” I lived in Greensboro for about five years. I’m very familiar with A&T’s homecoming and what it means to the city in revenue generation and… the atmosphere as a whole for the week,” Moore said.
Dame’s Chicken and Waffles is one of many businesses that are offering special menu’s, and specials centered around NC A&T.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train