Greensboro police warn businesses of “smash & grabs”
GREENSBORO,N.C. — Greensboro police report 24 “Smash & Grab” burglaries since September 24th.
In reported incidents, burglars used rocks, bricks and flower pots to break through glass windows and doors of area businesses.
There are multiple burglaries in some strip malls on West Wendover Avenue, Hickory Ridge Drive and High Point Road.
To avoid future burglaries, police are warning businesses to remove cash registers from window view and remove the money each night.
If the store has an alarm or surveillance system, owners should also place a display sign in the window that shows they have this service.
One small business owner Dan Morgan kept the rock used to break into his business Big Dan’s Brew Shed.
“I got a call at about 3 a.m. in the morning and came here to find glass everywhere. It was just a mess,” Morgan said.
About $50 was stolen from Morgan’s business as well as one CO2 can. Morgan paid about $850 to replace his broken door.
Greensboro police do not have any suspects in custody and believe the 24 incidents are connected.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home