Greensboro police warn businesses of “smash & grabs”
GREENSBORO,N.C. — Greensboro police report 24 “Smash & Grab” burglaries since September 24th.
In reported incidents, burglars used rocks, bricks and flower pots to break through glass windows and doors of area businesses.
There are multiple burglaries in some strip malls on West Wendover Avenue, Hickory Ridge Drive and High Point Road.
To avoid future burglaries, police are warning businesses to remove cash registers from window view and remove the money each night.
If the store has an alarm or surveillance system, owners should also place a display sign in the window that shows they have this service.
One small business owner Dan Morgan kept the rock used to break into his business Big Dan’s Brew Shed.
“I got a call at about 3 a.m. in the morning and came here to find glass everywhere. It was just a mess,” Morgan said.
About $50 was stolen from Morgan’s business as well as one CO2 can. Morgan paid about $850 to replace his broken door.
Greensboro police do not have any suspects in custody and believe the 24 incidents are connected.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK