All lanes re-opened after tractor-trailer overturned on 1-40 near HWY 52
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — All lanes have been re-opened after a tractor-trailer carrying chicken feed overturned on Interstate 40 near Highway 52 in Winston-Salem on Tuesday.
According to the Department of Transportation, at about 2 p.m., all four lanes of Interstate 40 Westbound at exit 193 and US 52 were blocked after a tractor-trailer tipped over.
Witnesses say the truck was headed north on Highway 52 when the truck’s driver took the ramp to I-40 too fast and lost control.
Officials said no other vehicles were struck during the accident and the driver sustained minor injuries.
All four lanes were re-opened shortly after 5 p.m., after a crane and tow truck removed the truck and feed from the roadway.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old