Seven-term State Sen. Don East dies after surgery
SURRY COUNTY, N.C. — Officials said seven-term State Sen. Don East died Monday morning after complications from back and hip surgery.
East, 67, represented Surry, Alleghany, Stokes and Yadkin counties in the North Carolina senate.
He was facing a challenge for the 30th District seat in November’s election from Democrat Ric Marshall.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home