Obama: US will stand with Israel if it’s attacked
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — President Barack Obama says the United States will stand with Israel if it’s attacked.
Obama said during Monday’s presidential debate that Iran will not get a nuclear weapon “as long as I’m president.”
Republican challenger Mitt Romney says he’d push for diplomatic isolation of the country. He says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s rhetoric fans genocide and should be prosecuted under international law.
Obama says tough U.S. sanctions have “crippled” Iran’s economy to the point that it’s a shambles. The president says Iran is ultimately a threat to American national security and is a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home