Obama: US will stand with Israel if it’s attacked
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — President Barack Obama says the United States will stand with Israel if it’s attacked.
Obama said during Monday’s presidential debate that Iran will not get a nuclear weapon “as long as I’m president.”
Republican challenger Mitt Romney says he’d push for diplomatic isolation of the country. He says Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s rhetoric fans genocide and should be prosecuted under international law.
Obama says tough U.S. sanctions have “crippled” Iran’s economy to the point that it’s a shambles. The president says Iran is ultimately a threat to American national security and is a state sponsor of terrorism.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK