Winston-Salem home explodes; man injured
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – A man was injured after officials said a house exploded Saturday morning in Winston-Salem.
The explosion was reported around 9 a.m. in the 5500 block of Alma Road. Officials said 20 firefighters had the situation under control within about 40 minutes.
Battalion Chief Brown said that one person was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center with unknown injuries.
Officials said the explosion was caused by a propane leak inside the home.
The Red Cross is assisting the other people who live at the residence with food, clothes, and shelter.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home