Va. boy, 14, dies after collapsing at football practice
(Photo credit: WTKR)
CHESAPEAKE, Va. — A 14-year-old Virginia boy died Wednesday after he reportedly collapsed during a high school football practice.
Officials with Oscar Smith High School tell WTKR the student was experiencing breathing difficulties when he collapsed.
The boy was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
WTKR reports the boy was on the Junior Varsity team.
No other details were immediately available.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting