Salmonella scare prompts recall of dog treats
(CNN) — One brand of dog treat is being voluntarily recalled because it could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature’s Recipe says the affected product is its “Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken.” It was manufactured at the Del Monte Foods Pet Products plant in Topeka, Kansas and distributed nationwide.
The products were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches and have a “best if used by date” stamp of “10-11-13″ and “10-12-13.” The company says the recall is precautionary and advises anyone who bought the recalled treats to throw them away.
Symptoms of salmonella infection in dogs include diarrhea, fever, vomiting and lethargic behavior.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting