Salmonella scare prompts recall of dog treats
(CNN) — One brand of dog treat is being voluntarily recalled because it could be contaminated with salmonella.
Nature’s Recipe says the affected product is its “Oven Baked Biscuits with Real Chicken.” It was manufactured at the Del Monte Foods Pet Products plant in Topeka, Kansas and distributed nationwide.
The products were sold in 19-ounce stand-up resealable pouches and have a “best if used by date” stamp of “10-11-13″ and “10-12-13.” The company says the recall is precautionary and advises anyone who bought the recalled treats to throw them away.
Symptoms of salmonella infection in dogs include diarrhea, fever, vomiting and lethargic behavior.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave